Could you imagine web designing would be so easy if actually you followed these tutorials from the beginning? Web designing from 1-7 form the basis and foundation to website designing/development, with that knowledge, you can build your knowledge on it just as we finally will dive into building upon them starting with web designing 8. It’s importance or rather fundamental to get use to the following before continuing in this tutorial.
Web designing 1: How To Design A Simple WebsiteWeb designing 2: Now What is HTML?Web designing 3: : How To Save A HTML DocumentWeb designing 4: Understanding The Basic HTML Tags And HTML ElementsWeb designing 5: The Basic HTML Tags to RememberWeb designing 6: What You Must Know About HTML Attributes and ValuesWeb designing 7: How To Use Color Tags In Website Designing
What is text formatting tag?
Text formatting tags allow you to modify your text display in the browser window. For example, to bold a text, you can use the <b> tag.
E.g. <b> This text in between the opening bold tag and the closing bold tag will have a bold font </b>
Below is the list of the common text formatting tags that you can use to alter your text display:
1. Bold Tag<b>This text will be in bold</b>
2. Italic Tag<i>This text will be in italic</i>
3. Underline Tag<u>This text will be underlined</u>
4. Emphasize Tag<em>This will emphasize your text</em>
5. Strong Tag<strong>This text will be strong</strong>
6. Big Tag<big> This will define big text</big>
7. Small Tag<small> This will define small text</small>
8. Subscript Tag<sub>This text will be subscripted</sub>
9. Superscript Tag<sup>This text will be superscripted</sup>
10. Center Tag<center> This text will be centered</center>
11. Left Tag<left>This text will display in the left hand side of the screen</left>
12. Right Tag<right>This text will display in the right hand side of the screen</right>
13. Unordered List Tag<ul><li>This is an unordered list</li><li>This is an unordered list</li></ul>
14. Ordered List Tag<ol><li>This is number 1 on my list</li><li>This is number 2 on my list</li></ol>
Please Take Note:1. These tags can also be combined. If you want an underlined bold text, you can use <u><b>This text will be bold and underlined</b></u> Just be creative enough to know where to place each tag and always remember that opening and closing tag must be at the extreme of the text on which it will have effect on !2. However, always close the first tag that you have opened last. In the above example, the <u> has been opened FIRST, before the <b> tag, but has been closed LAST.
<!—Webpage starts here ->
<title>All About HTML</title>
<!—Content starts here –>
<body bgcolor= “#808080″>
What is HTML?
<p><b>HTML is the acronym for HyperText Markup Language </b></p> <i>The language is made up of a set of codes and symbols that will generate:</i> <ul> <li> text, </li> <li> images,</li> <li> sounds,</li> <li> frames </li> <li> animation on your browser pages. </li> </ul> <br /> Two common ways to start your website are either: <ol> <li><u> To always visit www.domanto.com to get tutorials on designing simple website</u></li><li><u>to create your own codes in a simple text editor and save them as a .htm file. or </u></li> <li><u>use a HTML generator software.</u></li> </ol> </body> <!—Content ends here –> </html>
<!—Webpage ends here –>
Assignment: Copy the code above and paste to your note pad and save as a .html file into a particular location on your hard disk. Locate the file you have just saved and open it with any browser. Observe it and make changes to it using your note pad or whichever as earlier explained in web designing 1.